Updated: Feb 17, 2021
This one’s for our curly girls!!
Are you a bride or bridesmaid with tight to medium natural curls? Do they start all the way at the scalp? Are you a little nervous about having your hair done?
Guess what! You have nothing to worry about.
In fact you have MORE options than our wavy or straight haired babes! Also I am super jealous of you but that’s not important here...
We’ll start with the two categories you’ll fall into.
Option 1: Wear a style utilizing your natural curl. We might add a few hot tools curls here and there, but your texture will be the dominating force.
Option 2: Wear a traditional style with a barrel curl. We will need a blow out and a traditional curl set with a curling iron to achieve this look.
You can choose to go either way so let’s help you decide what will be the best option for you.
-Do you wear your natural curl every day?
-Would you feel uncomfortable not having your natural curl shown off?
-Was the last time you saw your hair straight at the root in middle school when we all worshipped the flat iron (or never)?
You sound like the kind of girl who should show off that curl and choose a style that accentuates your natural texture. OPTION 1!
-Do you straighten your hair often?
-Are people shocked when they see you with your curly hair?
-Do you love trying new looks with your hair?
-Do you feel comfortable with your hair when it’s in its natural curl AND (or only) when it’s straightened at the root?
I’m going to say that you would be 100% comfortable with a “traditional” style. OPTION 2!
Now that we’ve decided which direction to go we need to talk about steps you’ll need to take to prepare your hair for us to work with.
A Naturally Curly Style
1) Blow dry and/or air dry your hair with the parting you like before you arrive to your hair appointment. Use all of your usual products to achieve your favorite curl! Make sure the hair is totally dry upon arrival to your appointment.
If you have a few areas that aren’t cooperating no worries, we will use an appropriately sized curling tool to help tame any wayward tendrils.
A Traditional Style
If you decide to go with a “traditional” style PLEASE trust us and follow our prep directions. We know they are NOT what you are used to for curly hair but we promise they will give you the best result. We will need a blowout before we begin working on your hair. The tight curl at the root needs to be broken up while the hair is still damp in order the make sure you have plenty of volume and control for the style.
1) If you would like to add a blow out to your style please let the office team know, and you can ignore the rest of the steps.
If you would like to blow out your own hair, please follow these tips:
2) We do not need a perfect blowout just enough to make sure the hair is dry and the curl pattern is removed. Please be sure to blow your hair out with the part you want to have in your style. If you want a side part draping over your face and you dry it pulled back in a bun we may not be able to get your hair to cooperate later on.
3) We ask that you do not use more than a pea sized amount of smoothing cream in your damp hair and nothing in it afterward. Too much product will hinder the results of your end style.
4) NO flat ironing!! We will take care of the frizz when are styling.